Teens need guidance from parents, family, older siblings, teachers and other community support systems they have. It’s important to encourage them to be their best selves. Encouraging the youth to be happy with their own looks, personality and ideas can sometimes be difficult. Here’s a list of affirmations that you can pass along to teens to speak to themselves routinely. A quick tip for using these affirmations would be to have the teen say these things to themselves in a mirror. This can be very empowering!
- I am powerful.
- My ideas & thoughts matter.
- I am capable of doing anything.
- If I think it, I can do it.
- I love myself.
- I believe in myself.
- I don’t need to be like anyone else to succeed.
- I will do things that make me happy.
Not only are these beneficial for teens, these affirmations work with children and adults as well!