Are you always considered the strong one within your family, a circle of friends, colleagues or relationships in GENERAL? Tired of feeling like you have no outlet to expressing yourself and seeking guidance?
The role that you play in other’s lives is mighty but pouring from an empty cup leaves you, well EMPTY! Here’s an article that gives you tips on things that you can do to overcome feelings of not being supported.
Be sure to download your free worksheet on “Converting Your Weaknesses into STRENGTHS!”
Life can be hard however, you don’t have to just let it be! You have the power to do so much more!
Here are some ways to better handle having a lack of support within your life:
1. Make a list of specific things that you desire to have support on ie: relationship issues, entrepreneurship challenges, expression of feelings towards stressors, etc.
2. Write about your ideal support system and visualize what that would look like.
3. Identify people who have been willing to be supportive of you and spend more time with them.
4. Identify those who have not been supportive and minimize expectations of them. Find alternative things that they provide you with and set boundaries with yourself to prevent the build-up of negative emotions towards them.
5. Connect with people who have similar interests as you.
6. Attend networking or social events by yourself. By doing this, you will place yourself in a position to connect with more people.
7. Seek support groups within your local area or via online communities.
Check out our Wellness Services & Products page for additional resources.